Thursday, December 2

I'm baaaaaaaaack : )

After confirming that I had a unilateral bicep femoralis muscle tear in my right leg earlier this fall (I had been having leg pain @ varying intensities since April after a pickup basketball game) I made the difficult yet necessary decision to stop ALL physical activity to let it heal properly. The injury was nagging and painful enough, but moreso was having to sacrifice a precious outdoor fall climbing season (thanks everyone who've kept great blogs for me to read : ) and having to freeze my gym membership (I appreciate Earthtrek's staff looking out for me with that).




Well, I am happy to report that, after 1.5 months, I am back! I've been slowly stretching, jogging, bike-riding, and now climbing (first time on Wednesday) pain free! This is all without my 800 mg Ibueprofen too lol.

First time back in gym was mainly just light traverse work and some bouldering (up to v7), with some yoga and jump rope thrown in too. I have confirmed plans to spend my spring break (march 12-20) at Smith Rocks (everyone's invited) so that's what I'm gonna start training for.

More soon.

God bless everyone.

NM

3 comments:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

YES!! So GLAD to have you back bro!
Man, you gotta' stay away from that pick up basketball!! Leave the hoops to ME! LOL!
March 12-20 huh? I'm THERE!!!!
We missed you so much at Bishop, and next year we HAVE to get out there together.
STay strong Nick.

Andrew said...

I AM GOING TO SMITH WITH YOU.

Except my spring break is techincally from the 20th-27th, but my finals will be done around the 14th. <3

NM said...

Thanks you guys. Let's stay in touch.