Friday, March 20

Pōkō ä ˈPōkō

post-rappel from the anchors of Techno


On Wednesday, March 18th, my friend Andrew and I made it out to Little Si's World Wall 1. 
This was my first trip out there this year, and third (I think) since returning to the Northwest last fall. 
Although no sends were had on this day it was a great day to me... the conditions were pretty good, the crag was silent, I got to witness my friend climbing stronger than I'd ever seen, and I felt a lightness, ease, and playfulness in my own climbing that I'd nearly forgotten is possible.

It was a valuable opportunity for me to take inventory of training needs too. 
Finger strength is coming along good, cruxes/crimps felt easier, feet weren't slipping, but need more campus board, core-work, 4x4s, droplet 3x3s, and meditation.

My plan at Si is same as everyone's : some more linkups/extensions!

... little by little...

Back to training for now.
Good things are on the horizon this season... 

blessings

NM

1 comment:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.