Saturday, August 18

Mt Washington - Bob's Area with Scott Ruby

PART 1 
Today, Ruby and I headed to Mt. Washington to climb at Bob's Area. I've been there several times but Scott hadn't been there yet.

We got lost on the hike in (at the fork we went right for about a mile towards Valley View West before realizing we weren't headed the right direction) but eventually made our way up to one of the very highest areas - Slumbersome Ridge. After warming up on a couple moderate slab climbs Slumbersome Ridge, 5.6 and Autumnal Equinox, 5.7, Scott and I made our way down to the Lost Resort area for our main objectives of the day: Firing Up Bob- a four star 5.10c and Crawling from the Wreckage- a three star 5.13a I've been on a couple times before.

Scott, impressively flashed Firing Up Bob on TR and I got Crawling from the Wreckage beta figured out that will work for me; I thought I was going to send on my last go of the day, but will look forward to returning...

We both look forward to returning! We ended the day with some good food, drinks, and company at the Mt. Si Tavern : )

5 comments:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Send it for me man!

NM said...

lol, thanks Micah... I will avenge my fallen brethren!!!!

NM said...

Get back here and send it with me bro!

NM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Flying Hobbit said...

That thing is SOO classic! And, such a wonderful hike!