Thursday, March 15

An Unexpected Trip to the New

photo mosaic courtesy of Seth Cauman

Heading into Spring Break (my last as an undergrad : ), I was invited on a trip to the New River Gorge for the weekend. I am so glad I took the offer! Despite not having climbed at all for over a month, I climbed fairly well "off the couch":

bunch of moderates
almost flashed a .12a
.10b trad flash
.11b second go (bouldery)
.11d arete onsight (one of the best I've ever done)
got to the top of the Colosseum hang-dogging up Apollo Reed 5.13a ... see below for footage of my flash attempt

video footage courtesy of Suradetch J.

Hope to finish that route before I move from the east coast.

many blessings...

NM




4 comments:

dom said...

Is it doable?

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

kind of reminds me of Ozone in Wa. Nice job on the first crux!

NM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NM said...

Dom: Most definitely! It's not technical climbing at all (besides a couple rest positions/ways to make sequences easier)... purely just jug stamina out a steep cliff!

Micah: Thanks, lol

Watch the video in reverse you guys and totally claim the onsight! lol