Tuesday, July 21

TENSION BOARD ™ 2 SPRAY : thoughts thus far

 If you know you know [if you know]

While the barrier to entry is much higher on TB1, the assertion that the TB2 spray is "easier" is a bit of a misnomer. If the gym I frequent had ability to crank the angle back to 60 degrees, I literally could project legit V15 on this board; furthermore I find it climbs and simulates outdoor sequencing and small box climbing surprisingly well. Although I still wish I could test myself on TB1, I've sipped the deliciousness.

couple observations:

foot holds are worse than TB1 

pinches (holds in general) are approachable yet very engaging with nuances in strategy holding them and dual textures

engaging nuance of holds on TB2 as pointed out by Steven ; 
best direction of pull isn't always obvious, just like outdoors 


body positioning repitroire is vast

grades feel a grade easier on average than TB1 (I'll reevaluate this conclusion as I climb more test pieces and classics)


Ciao!




No comments: